As CEO of WifOR Institute, he oversees research in the areas of health economics, the value of impacts, and international social policy – constantly striving to make data measurable, standardizable, and comparable. In recent years, Prof. Ostwald has spoken at the EU Parliament and Germany’s Bundestag as well as events including the G20 Health & Development Partnership’s H20 Summit, UN General Assembly, and the CEO Summit of the Americas.
Having studied Industrial Engineering and Management at the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany, Prof. Dr. Dennis A. Ostwald received his PhD from the Chair of Finance and Economic Policy, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Bert Rürup. His doctoral research focused on the impact investments in healthcare have on growth and employment. During his work as a research assistant and PhD student, Prof. Ostwald held teaching positions in the fields of economics and economic and financial policy. He was also involved in projects for various federal and state ministries and associations during the time.
As Professor of Economic Research and International Management at the Steinbeis School of International Business and Entrepreneurship (SIBE), he seeks to develop young talents into adept managers who understand the interplay between social, environmental, and economic sustainability.
- Impact of health investments
- Establishing standardized health metrics
- Interdisciplinary stakeholder dialogue
- Social policy
- Value of Impacts
- Professor at the Steinbeis School of International Business and Entrepreneurship (SIBE) Herrenberg, Germany, Department of Economic Research and Management
- PhD at the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany, Department of Finance and Economic Policy, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Bert Rürup
- Diploma in Industrial Engineering at the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany, with technical specialization in Mechanical Engineering