Research institute and think tank. WifOR is represented in five countries at seven locations and has already carried out over 380 projects in more than 36 countries. Our clients include associations, ministries, and multinational companies. For more than 10 years we have been helping our clients to make the right decisions on economic and political issues in a complex world. As a dynamic growth company, we are looking for new innovative team players to support us in our internationalization strategy.
For our growing location in Greece, we are looking for a (Junior) Operations Manager(m/f/d) to join the team of five employees (research and business development) who are already working at our beautiful office in Athens.
In this role, you will support the Head of Operations, who is based in Berlin, with all operational activities in our Athens office and be a direct contact person for the communication between our German and Greek offices. This includes:
- Providing administrative support to the operations of our Greek office by collaborating with individual functions within the operations department to handle tasks such as the preparation of payroll and other HR related issues as well as procurement and daily office management tasks
- Managing the implementation of new processes and technologies
- Identifying and addressing challenges and opportunities in the local organizational processes and proactively making improvement suggestions
- Managing relationships and contracts with local service providers, vendors, and partners
- Help with maintaining our internal knowledge sharing platform (“Intranet”) to ensure that it always provides up-to-date information
- Ensuring compliance with local and international laws as well as company standards
- Organizing, monitoring, and planning of operating costs and overheads
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Business or a similar qualification as well as relevant work experience with supportive business functions
- You are an excellent communicator
- You are highly organized, open-minded, and interested in shaping modern work environments
- You have basic knowledge of accounting and controlling
- You have a good understanding of business-related IT tools (Microsoft365, CRM, Project Management tools, HR Software)
- You are fluent in English and Greek (verbal and written) – German language skills are a plus
- A varied range of tasks in an international environment
- The opportunity to develop your skills in exciting and meaningful projects
- Flexible working hours and a permanent hybrid workplace model
- Attractive sports program with our personal trainer
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to advance your own ideas
Please submit your application with a cover letter including the next possible starting date and the usual documents (references, certificates, etc.). Your contact person is Lotta Janzen.